Anyone else ever seen the “King and I”? It’s a beautiful musical by Rogers and Hammerstein. Based on the memoirs of Anna Leonowens who was the governess to the King of Siam. One of the songs is all about the king and Anna, the main character, getting to know each other.
Right now most of you know me, but maybe you will share this with your friends, family and random people you friended on Facebook to give them some encouragement. So here are ten things you may or may not know about me.
1. I love food. I will try just about anything once. That has led to some interesting meal choices in restaurants. But, like the good Midwesterner I am, I always clean my plate.
2. I run. I get up at some crazy hour of the morning. It’s still dark. But I run because of number 1
3. I love Jesus. I accepted Christ as my savior when I was about eleven. It was at church camp. I grew up surrounded by God, church and His people. I will reference God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit a lot. If you disagree with me, please do so in a respectful way.
4. I am a mom to three lovely children and a wife to the best husband for me. We are a gaming family. I don’t mean sports
5. I was born and raised in Michigan. I grew up near the water. I love the water. I miss the water. I sometimes stare at pictures of bodies of water.
6. I like tea and coffee. Yes, it’s acceptable to like both. Expand your minds….
7. I like people. I like to organize people and plan events. I like to talk with people. I used to cringe when my mother would strike up conversations with strangers in the grocery store. But now I do it. And my kids cringe. The circle of life is alive and kicking
8. I like to travel. I have been to over half of the United States and four of the seven continents. It goes hand in hand with numbers 1 and 7.
9. I love to read. I have since I was able to. That passion started when I was about 7. I was the kid whose parents would lock me out side. Without my book. They were concerned for my Vitamin D in take. Don’t judge them. They love me, really.
10. I like music. I like musicals, dancing to, singing to and listening to music. I sometimes think about auditioning for singing competitions. Maybe some day….
That’s me. At least the ten things I could think to share with you this morning. Let me know about you. This is going to be a little bit of community and we should get to know each other. You can just list three things.