Random tidbit: Boys like potty humor. And so do girls. If you figure out a way to teach moderation in using potty humor, I welcome your suggestions.
If you have a smart phone or a tablet of some kind, than you probably have a Facebook account. If you have a Facebook account, you probably have the app for your smart phone or tablet. Maybe I am wrong, but in case I’m not, here is a quiz to see if it may be time to delete your Facebook app from your phone or tablet.
1. Your face has a permanent glow, and it’s not from pregnancy.
2. Your child thinks that scrolling thru status updates is a game.
3. Every time you stop at a traffic light, you check your phone for notifications.
4. You check your page at the bottom of the stairs and then again once you have walked up the stairs, just in case
5. You hear one child say to another, “Just a minute, Mom is checking Facebook.”
6. Your husband, family members and friends know they can post on your wall to get your attention.
7. When referring to yourself, you speak in the third person. (Even if you don’t have a Facebook app and do this it’s only funny the first two or three times.)
8. You find yourself mentally ‘liking’ what you hear in conversations.
9. People stop calling or texting you and just send you Facebook messages.
10. The app is the first thing you check in the morning and the last thing you check at night. Even after saying good night to your spouse, you still check your app just one more time….
0-3 You seem to have a good grasp on reality. Facebook is not your primary source of information gathering and you value people over technology. Feel proud of yourself for not being obsessed with fame, fortune and the need to know everyone’s business.
4-7 While Facebook is something you keep up on, it’s not the biggest priority in your life. Good for you for having a balanced approach at life between technology and the people you spend time with.
8-10 You are in serious danger of becoming a recluse. You are obsessed with technology and should probably consider deleting your app. If your friends haven’t already tried an intervention with you, than maybe you should go get some help.