Tonight we had the Chicken Parmesan for dinner with gluten free DeBoles rice angel hair pasta and a spinach salad. It was delicious. I took my frozen bag of Chicken parm and defrosted it in my microwave for about 20 minutes.
I poured the contents into my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker and let it cook at 375 degrees for about one and a half hours.
You could also put it in a slow cooker for about 4 hours on high. Here is the recipe:
Easy Chicken Parmesan
Two whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
4 Cups Marinara Sauce
If you want to get fancy, here is my recipe for home made marinara. I sneak some extra veggies in it and the kids can’t even tell.
4 cans of tomato sauce
4 cans of tomato paste
2 Tbsp basil
2 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp paprika
2 tsp Red Cayenne Pepper
4 whole garlic cloves
1 whole zucchini shredded fine
1 whole yellow squash shredded fine
2 whole carrots, shredded fine
Put everything in a ziplock bag and mush around until it’s mixed well.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Layer the chicken breasts on the bottom of your casserole pan.
3. Pour sauce over chicken breasts.
4. Bake for one hour at 375 degrees F.
5. Take out of oven and sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over chicken. Bake for another 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
It should look like this:
This recipe does take some time but it is heavenly! Enjoy!